IPL 2021 PBKS vs SRH Highlights – Punjab Win by 5 runs .
In Match 37 of the 14th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL 2021), Punjab Kings defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Saturday.
KL Rahul-led PBKS managed to score 125/7 in 20 overs on a slow wicket and tight bowing by SRH. Jason Holder remained a key bowler for Hyderabad as he picked three wickets. .Punjab Kings dished out a disciplined bowling performance to notch up a five-run win over Sunrisers Hyderabad in a low-scoring IPL match on Saturday.
SRH were knocked out of the race of the play-offs after the loss.
Sunrisers bowler Jason Holder (3/19) emerged as the most successful bowler with his three wickets. He was ably supported by fellow pacers Sandeep Sharma (1/20), Bhuvneshwar Kumar (1/34), spin duo of Rashid Khan (1/17) and Abdul Samad (1/9).
In reply, Sunrisers lost half of their side in 13 overs, slipping to 60 for five. Jason Holder scored a 29-ball 47 not out but it was not enough in the end.
For Punjab, South African batsman Aiden Markram (27) was the top-scorer, while skipper KL Rahul contributed with run-a-ball 21 at the top.
IPL 2021 Teams Points Table – IPL 2021 PBKS vs SRH Highlights :-
|2||Chennai Super Kings||9||7||2||0||14||+1.185|
|3||Royal Challengers Bangalore||9||5||4||0||10||-0.720|
|4||Kolkata Knight Riders||9||4||5||0||8||+0.363|
Punjab Kings: 125 for 7 in 20 overs (Aiden Markram 27; Jason Holder 3/19).
Sunrisers Hyderabad: 120 for 7 in 20 overs (Jason Holder 47 not out; Ravi Bishnoi 3/24).
SRH vs PBKS Playing XI
Sunrisers Hyderabad: David Warner, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Kane Williamson(c), Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Abdul Samad, Jason Holder, Rashid Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed
Punjab Kings: KL Rahul(w/c), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Aiden Markram, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Harpreet Brar, Arshdeep Singh, Nathan Ellis
IPL 2021 PBKS vs SRH Highlights :- SRH 120/7, lost by 5 runs
|David Warner||c †Rahul b Mohammed Shami||2||3||0||0||66.66|
|Wriddhiman Saha †||run out (Arshdeep Singh/Ravi Bishnoi)||31||37||1||0||83.78|
|Kane Williamson (c)||b Mohammed Shami||1||6||0||0||16.66|
|Manish Pandey||b Ravi Bishnoi||13||23||1||0||56.52|
|Kedar Jadhav||b Ravi Bishnoi||12||12||0||0||100.00|
|Abdul Samad||c Gayle b Ravi Bishnoi||1||2||0||0||50.00|
|Jason Holder||not out||47||29||0||5||162.06|
|Rashid Khan||c & b Arshdeep Singh||3||4||0||0||75.00|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||not out||3||4||0||0||75.00|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 2, w 4)||7|
|TOTAL||(20 Ov, RR: 6.00)||120/7|
|Did not bat: Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed|
|Fall of wickets: 1-2 (David Warner, 0.3 ov), 2-10 (Kane Williamson, 2.2 ov), 3-32 (Manish Pandey, 7.6 ov), 4-56 (Kedar Jadhav, 12.2 ov), 5-60 (Abdul Samad, 12.6 ov), 6-92 (Wriddhiman Saha, 16.1 ov), 7-105 (Rashid Khan, 18.1 ov)|
Over 20: Nathan Ellis with the final over, he needs to defend 17
- It’s all over. SRH crash out of playoff race. Punjab Kings clinch thriller by five runs.
- SIX! Holder smashes Ellis for a 6. SRH need 10 off 3.
- Single off the first ball, brings Holder back on strike.
Over 19: Arshdeep Singh back for his final over
- WICKET! Rashid Khan departs. The fate of the match hangs in balance.
Over 18: Mohammed Shami back in attack for his last over
- SRH need 23 off 15 now.
- SIX! Holder keeps SRH’s hopes alive, smacks Shami for a 6.
Over 17: Arshdeep Singh back in attack
- WICKET! A terrible mix-up in the middle and Saha is run-out. It was the last thing SRH needed at this point.
Over 16: Nathan Ellis comes back in attack
- The 16-run over brings SRH back in the game. They now need 35 off 24 balls.
- SIX! Another. Yet another quick delivery and Holder sends it straight for a 6.
- SIX! Jason Holder reads the ball well and uses the pace to smash it for a six.
Over 15: Bishnoi with his last over
- Bishnoi ends his quota with 3/24 in four overs.
- SIX! Holder smacks him for a six in the follow-up delivery.
- Bishnoi completely beats Jason Holder with a wrong-un.
Over 13: Bishnoi comes back in attack
- WICKET! Bishnoi with another wicket. Samad tries to go for a big hit and edges it to Chris Gayle.
- WICKET! Bishnoi cleans up Kedar Jadhav’s wicket and SRH are on the verge of wrapping up IPL campaign.
Over 12: Harpreet Brar continues
- SRH are in a spot of bother. The slow wicket hasn’t helped them get any boundaries and the required run rate keeps climbing high. They need another 70 off 48 runs at a RRR of 8.75
Over 8: Ravi Bishnoi comes into the attack
- WICKET! Bishnoi gets Manish Pandey. The Karnataka batter’s struggle continues, fails to read Bishnoi’s length and loses his stumps.
- Manish Pandey hammers Bishnoi for a 4, a welcome boundary for SRH.
Over 6: Arshdeep Singh with the last over of powerplay.
- Lowest powerplay score for SRH in IPL: 20/2 vs PBKS in 2021, 21/3 vs RR in 2013, 25/4 vs PWI Pune in 2013, 26/1 vs RR in 2020.
- SRH put up the lowest score of powerplay in IPL 2021 with 20/2.
- It was also SRH’s lowest powerplay score ever in IPL history.
Over 4: Nathan Ellis makes IPL debut
- Good over from Ellis.
Over 3: Mohammed Shami back in attack
- Maiden over and a wicket. Shami ticks both boxes.
- WICKET! Shami is on fire, cleans up Kane Williamson’s stumps after the Kiwi skipper takes a huge inside edge.
Over 2: Arshdeep Singh in attack
- Wriddhiman Saha takes on Arshdeep for a four.
Over 1: Mohammed Shami begins PBKS attack
- Kane Williamson comes in early.
- WICKET! David Warner’s nightmare continues. He tried to take on a moving ball and gave away a catch to KL Rahul.
- David Warner is up against Shami and an inside edge had almost cleaned up his stumps.
IPL 2021 PBKS vs SRH Highlights :- PBKS 125/7
|KL Rahul (c)†||c sub (J Suchith) b Holder||21||21||3||0||100.00|
|Mayank Agarwal||c Williamson b Holder||5||6||0||0||83.33|
|Chris Gayle||lbw b Rashid Khan||14||17||1||0||82.35|
|Aiden Markram||c Pandey b Abdul Samad||27||32||2||0||84.37|
|Nicholas Pooran||c & b Sandeep Sharma||8||4||0||1||200.00|
|Deepak Hooda||c sub (J Suchith) b Holder||13||10||1||0||130.00|
|Harpreet Brar||not out||18||18||1||0||100.00|
|Nathan Ellis||c Pandey b Kumar||12||12||0||1||100.00|
|Mohammed Shami||not out||0||0||0||0||–|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 3, w 3)||7|
|TOTAL||(20 Ov, RR: 6.25)||125/7|
|Yet to bat: Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh|
|Fall of wickets: 1-26 (KL Rahul, 4.1 ov), 2-27 (Mayank Agarwal, 4.5 ov), 3-57 (Chris Gayle, 10.4 ov), 4-66 (Nicholas Pooran, 11.4 ov), 5-88 (Aiden Markram, 14.4 ov), 6-96 (Deepak Hooda, 15.4 ov), 7-118 (Nathan Ellis, 19.3 ov)|
Over 20: Bhuvneshwar Kumar with his last over – PBKS beat SRH
- FOUR! It was disappointing for Bhuvi. He finishes up with 14 runs.
- Almost another for Bhuvi. Brar tried to hammer a slower ball but didn’t have enough timing. But it falls short of the fielder.
- WICKET! Ellis departs and Bhuvneshwar Kumar finally gets a wicket.
- Nathan Ellis takes on a slower delivery and hammers him for a 6.
Over 19: Jason Holder with his final over
- Holder finishes up with 3/19.
- Holder almost had a wicket after Brar tries to hit a slower ball for a 6 but it falls short of Warner.
Over 18: Bhuvneshwar Kumar with his 3rd over
- Good over from Bhuvi, gives away just 4 runs.
Over 17: Rashid Khan comes in
- Rashid Khan completes his quota and he was a miser, giving away just 17 runs in four overs.
SRH vs PBKS Highlights: Over 16: Jason Holder comes in
- WICKET! What a catch. J Suchith was on the field as a substitute fielder but takes the catch of the tournament to send Hooda back.
Over 14: Abdul Samad comes into bowling attack for the first time in IPL 2021
- Hooda takes charge and hammers Hooda for a 4.
- WICKET! Aiden markram departs. Slow wicket and he tried to take on Samad and he gave a simple catch to Manish Pandey.
- Markram and Hooda take on Samad.
Over 14: Khaleel Ahmed comes in
- Markram with another boundary. He takes on Khaleel for a 4.
Over 12: Sandeep Sharma back in attack
- WICKET! Pooran tried to continue hammering but Sandeep managed to latch on to the catch.
- SIX! Finally a six in the innings. Nicholas Pooran comes in and hammers Sandeep for a 6.
Over 11: Rashid Khan in attack
- Nicholas Pooran comes in after Chris Gayle blow.
- WICKET! Rashid Khan comes in and takes the big wicket of Chris Gayle. Punjab Kings in real trouble.
SRH vs PBKS LIVE score: Over 10: Khaleel Ahmed continues
- A good over for Punjab. 10 runs off it but they are not out of the woods yet.
- Chris Gayle’s straight drive clears the boundary, a rare one in the innings.
Over 9: Rashid Khan comes into attack – PBKS beat SRH
- Chris Gayle hits him straight but it strikes the stumps.
Over 8: Jason Holder continues the attack. PBKS 39/2
- if he can manage another wicket, Punjab won’t have many batters left.
Over 7: DROPPED! David Warner drops Markram off a Khaleel Ahmed delivery.
- Warner already is in troubled with a drop in strike rate and hasn’t done himself any favours dropping that one.
Over 6: Sandeep Sharma with his third over and final of powerplay.
- Powerplay ends with 29 runs. It was the second slowest powerplay of IPL in Sharjah.
- Aiden Markram comes in after Mayank Agarwal’s wicket.
Over 5: WICKET! Jason Holder comes into the attack and sends KL Rahul back.
- WICKET! Holder on fire, Mayank Agarwal follows his best friend back. The slow pitch and the slower delivery did the trick and as he tried to take on, he failed, giving a catch in the cover.
- Chris Gayle comes in after KL Rahul’s wicket. He has to play a long innings today.
Over 4: Bhuvneshwar Kumar had almost forced KL Rahul to edge it to Saha but lucky Rahul survives.
- But KL Rahul with a clever shot scoops Bhuvi for a four. PBKS 25/0
Over 3: Sandeep Sharma continues and KL Rahul once again manages to find an edge for a 4. PBKS 19/0
Over 2: Bhuvneshwar Kumar comes in and KL Rahul tries take on but an outside edge goes for 4.
Over 1: Sandeep Sharma begins SRH’s attack and has managed to swing two balls in so far.
NEWS By :- https://www.insidesport.co/